District 52 SPEECH CONTESTS
Speech contests are a Toastmasters tradition. Contests give you an opportunity to step out of your comfort zone and test your skills.
To learn more about speech contests, visit www.toastmasters.org/speechcontests
This Toastmaster year, our district will conduct the Evaluation Speech Contest as well as International Speech Contest.
Competitions will begin in February, 2018 at the foundational level, the club, and winners continue through the area level in March, and division in April. The district level competition will be held on Saturday, May 5th, 2018 at the Airtel Plaza Hotel and Conference center in Van Nuys.
Finalists in the International Speech Contest advance to semifinals in Chicago and ultimately the World Championship of Public Speaking®.
Not a competitor? By being a member, you too can participate in these exciting events.
Become a Judge or Contest Official and achieve leadership goals.
Training is provided for new participants. The Rulebook changes each year – training is helpful for continuing participants too! Check the calendar for details.
- Contest Agenda Template
- Registration Sign In Sheet
- Notification of Contest Winner
- Time Record Sheet
- Results Form
- Results of Tally
- Ballot Counters Tally Sheet
- Speaker Certification of Eligibility and Originality
- Speech Contest Rulebook – Summary of Changes
- Speech Contest Rulebook 7-1-17 – 6-30-18
- Speech Contestant Profile
- Speech Evaluation Ballot
- International Speech Judge Ballot
- Evaluation Contest – Tiebreaking Ballot
- Tiebreaking International Speech Judge Ballot
- Speech Contest Certificate of Appreciation
- Volunteer Certificate of Appreciation
- Judge’s Certificate of Eligibility – Code of Ethics